NAME: Monica Galetti
PLACE OF BIRTH: Samoa
KNOWN FOR: A Senior Sous Chef at 2-star Michelin restaurant ‘Le Gavroche’ in London. She is also best known for co-presenting and judging BBC Two’s MasterChef: The Professionals cooking show.
VILLAGES IN SAMOA:
- Monica trained as a chef in New Zealand. She moved overseas to the U.K for a chance to work with Michel Roux Jr. at ‘Le Gavroche’. She started as a Commis Chef in early 1999 and since then, she has worked her way up through the kitchen ranks to her current role as Sous Chef.
- First Samoan woman to judge a MasterChef Cooking show of that magnitude in the World
- First Samoan Senior Sous Chef at a 2-star Michelin Restaurant in the World
- First female at Le Gavroche to prepare Meat & Fish dishes (which is a role held by male chef’s at the 2-star Michelin restaurant since it’s opening)
- 2012 – Released her first cookbook ‘Monica’s Kitchen’
- 2011 Judge in MasterChef UK : The Professional’s with Michel Roux Jr. and Gregg Wallace – 4th series
- 2011 Judge for Comic Relief Does MasterChef UK (with MasterChef UK host Gregg Wallace & Prime Minister David Cameron) for Red Nose Day
- 2010 Judge in MasterChef UK : The Professional’s with Michel Roux Jr. and Gregg Wallace – 3rd series
- 2009 Judge in MasterChef UK : The Professional’s with Michel Roux Jr. and Gregg Wallace – 2nd series