NAME: Parris Goebel
PLACE OF BIRTH: Auckland, New Zealand
KNOWN FOR: Dancer, Choreographer
VILLAGES IN SAMOA:
SHORT BIO / CAREER HIGHLIGHTS:
- At 12, she discovered a love for hip hop music to express her style of dancing known as ‘Polyswagg’. At 15, she was offered a spot to be part of another dance crew but declined the offer to form her own dance crew, ReQuest, and open The Palace Dance Studio with the help of her father
- 2007 – Led ReQuest to second place at the Street Dance New Zealand (SDNZ) Nationals, which was the qualifying competition for the Hip Hop International World Championships.
- 2008 – A cast member in Monsters of Hip Hop. Also a member of the Faculty that teaches all through the U.S
- 2009 – ReQuest debuted their performance at the World Hip Hop Dance Championships. Won first place in the Varsity Crews division in Las Vegas
- 2009 – Placed first at the World Supremacy Battleground in the Varsity division in Australia
- 2010 – Competed at the World Hip Hop Dance Championships in the Adult Crews division and won
- 2011 – ReQuest was the second crew outside America to compete on MTV’s Americas Best Dance Crew in Season 6, and the first crew outside North America. The crew were eliminated in Week 4 of the competition
- 2011 – Competed at the World Hip Hop Championships as defending champions. ReQuest placed second behind U.K group Plague. Her Royal Family won four medals in total for New Zealand with Bubblegum winning gold in the Junior Crews division, Sorority winning gold in the Varsity Crews division, and Royal Family winning gold in the Mega Crews division.
- 2012 – Hired by Jennifer Lopez to choreograph her ‘Dance Again World Tour’, and also performed with Lopez on the season 11 finale of American Idol. Parris featured in Lopez’s music video for the single, ‘Goin In’, and also performed on season 15 of U.S Dancing with the Stars
- The Palace Studios one of the top studios in the world
- 2014 – Won Best Female Choreographer at the World of Dance Industry awards in L.A