Richmond ‘Rich’ Talauega (born in Richmond, California) is a professional Choreographer, and is one-half of the co-founding duo, with his brother Tone Talauega, of ‘Rich & Tone Productions’. Both brothers have worked together with high profile people in the music industry as well as movies and awards shows.
Talauega was 17 when he was discovered, along with his brother Tone, by Michael Jackson’s choreographers – LaVelle Smith and Travis Payne, while they were freestyling at a club in Oakland.
It was there that both brothers, Rich and Tone were recruited to appear in a 1994 music video for R&B artist Shanice. After finishing the music video, it wasn’t long after did the pair realize, that they could start choreographing on their own, and by 1998, their first choreographed music video was for Monica’s single ‘The First Night’.
Within a year of being discovered, Rich and brother Tone were both touring with the biggest names in the business, Michael Jackson and Diana Ross, as their choreographers.
Since 2001, other Artists that Rich and Tone have worked with numerous times in ‘Live Performances & Tours’ are the Backstreet Boys, Kylie Minogue, Jennifer Lopez, Chris Brown, Pink, Mariah Carey, Ricky Martin, Ciara and the Spice Girls Reunion Tour. Tone has choreographed on tour for over a decade now, and the most recent projects in 2011 was with Chris Brown’s F.A.M.E Tour in the United States, and Cirque De Soleil ‘Michael Jackson’ Immortal World Tour.
Talauega’s Choreography resume with brother Tone, clearly shows how distinguished they are in the world. Talauega’s work ranges from television, commercials, music videos and film. In some cases, not only do they choreograph a music video, but they also direct it, showcasing the influence the Talauega brothers have in the industry.
Highlights and Awards:
- 2008 MTV Award Nominee – Best Choreography –Chris Brown“Forever”
- 2008 Choreography Media Honors – TV Variety or Special –2007 Grammy Awards – Chris Brown
- 2007 MTV Award Nominee – Best Choreography –Chris Brown“Wall to Wall”
- 2007 Choreography Media Honors – Feature Films –Take the Lead
- 2007 Choreography Media Honors – TV Variety or Special –Madonna “Confessions”
- 2007 Choreography Media Honors – Commercials –Pepsi“DanceTron”
- 2005 MTV Award Nominee – Best Choreography –Jennifer Lopez“Get Right”
- 2005 Emmy Awards Nominee –Best Choreography –2005 NAACP Image Awards
- 2005 MVPA (Music Video Production Association) Awards Nominee – Best Choreography –Jennifer Lopez “Get Right” Video
Source – Bloc LA, Wikipedia